Monday, September 24, 2007

i heart huckabee

This past weekend I had the chance to meet most of the Republican presidential candidates on Mackinac Island in Michigan. They all gave speeches and to be honest I was a bit starstruck by the whole thing. However, after reflection, I realized that I still was a little apprehensive in giving my endorsement.

Romney, who won the straw poll there, gave an excellent speech on family values but I couldn't help feel reproached about his big-government spending and mandating while he was governor of Massachusetts. McCain, who gave a crowd-inspiring fire and brimstone speech on the war talked nothing about the future of our country in domestic fiscal and social issues. Thompson felt dull and uninspired, speaking only in polite generalizations. And Giuliani, who by the way is extremely personable and a great fiscal conservative, wisely forgot mentioning his stance on social issues that are important to most of us on the right.

Who, then? Mike Huckabee. Mike Huckabee is a true conservative. Compassionate in his upbringing, truthful in his message of fairness, and a great servant to God and Country. I could enumerate his stances here but he's done it best on his site. Go there with the link above and click on "Issues". Find me a real red-blooded conservative who can't agree with his message.

Conserve Thought endorses Mike Huckabee for President of the United States.

1 comment:

Michigan Redneck said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am so glad to find another Michigan supporter of Mike Huckabee! Great blog, BTW!